Five a Day!
An arts project for five Accrington primary schools; funded by Tesco Accrington, managed by Mid Pennine Arts.
Venue: St. John with St. Augustine Primary School, Arago Street, Accrington, BB5 6AD
From 10am until 3 pm until Friday 23 September 2011.
(Please call 01254 392717 if you intend to visit or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Open evening: Monday 19 September from 4pm to 7 pm.
Two northwest artists were commissioned to work with one class in each school on the theme of healthy foods: ‘five a day’! During their time with the artists, children discussed where their food comes from and explored working with different materials before producing their pieces for exhibition.
This exhibition is a celebration of the work produced by all the Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 children from the five Accrington schools who took part in the programme.
– St. John with St. Augustine C of E Primary, Accrington.
– HyndburnPark Primary, Accrington.
– Springhill Primary, Accrington.
– Benjamin Hargreaves C of E Primary, Accrington.
– Baxenden C of E Primary, Accrington
– Angie Baptie: textile designs.
– Chris Rainham: acrylic art work.